My name is emsenn. I'm an independent consultant and writer who specializes in teaching senior executives how they can improve their business by adapting methods used in open-source software development.
- Read Sarah Perry's discussion of boilerplate, which dives into the term's history, usage, and implicaitons.
- Wrote about the consumer cost of the "bullshit" web.
- Wrote about my writing process.
- Read or possibly re-read Tom Christiansen's argument that GUIs are harmful.
View my complete personal log.
Coming Soon (this season)
- Learn how to make a Gutenberg theme.
- Write Bootstrapping an MVP with OKRs & TDD.
- Write Build More Effective Documentation: Write Your Examples First.
- Release a fork of Gutenberg with Netlify CMS pre-installed.
- Develop a boilerplate Python3 project & development environment for rebooting qtMUD.
- Write casting-call for The Delvers Season 1.
- Learn whether Sphinx, Gitbook, or Pandoc would be better for Holistic Project Management.
Long Term (within a year)
- Re-release Aperte, a single-file blogging engine tinier than the GNU Public License.
- Re-release Psalm to the Moon, my poetry book.
- Record The Delvers Season 1, which will be a satirical fantasy podcast.
- Code the U.S. Web Design System as a theme for the Gutenberg static site generator.
- Develop You Are Conscious, which will be an interactive ficiton idleclicker in which you play an artificial intelligence tasked with making widgets.